|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 cup canned corn kernels drained and rinsed
- 1 cup instant barley cooked
- 1 cup instant brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken cooked
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped in small pieces
- lime juice to taste
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Clean the tops of canned food items before opening them.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add washed and chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and corn.
- Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked barley, brown rice, chicken, and black beans to skillet.
- Serve with cilantro and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 6, Serv. size: 1 cup (169g), Amount per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 3.5g (4% DV), Sat. Fat 0.5g (3% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 80g (3% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 7g, Vit. D (0% DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (6% DV), Potas. (4% DV)
Share this Recipe