Tuna Melt Burger
- 1 5 ounce can light tuna packed in water
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar chesse
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp instant minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 12 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Clean the tops of canned food items before opening them.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain tuna and break the meat apart with a fork.
- Wash and chop the celery and dice the cheese.
- Mix tuna, celery, cheese, light mayonnaise, dried onion, salt, and pepper into a medium mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Divide tuna mixture into six portions, place one portion on six slices of whole wheat bread. Then place a single slice of bread on top of each. (you will make a total of 6 sandwiches).
- Wrap each sandwich on a square of aluminum foil, folding edges securely.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until hot in the middle. Cool slightly before serving.
- Remove from oven. Pierce foil to release steam before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 6, Serv. size: 1 burger , Amount per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 6g (8% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 15mg (5% DV), Sodium 420g (18% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 0g (0% DV), Total Sugars 3g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 16g, D (0% DV), Calcium (10% DV), Iron (10% DV), Potas. (6% DV).