|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 2 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 cups apples thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash your hands, apples, and clean your cooking area.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel and thinly slice apples.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced apples and remaining ingredients.
- Place 1 pie crust in an ungreased pie plate. Press firmly against the bottom and sides.
- Add apple mixture to pie dish. Top with the second crust. Press pie crust edges together to seal.
- Cut slits or shapes in several places in the top crust.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until apples are soft and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2-3 inch wide foil strips for 15-20 minutes to prevent the edges from burning.
- Let the pie cool for at least 2 hours before serving. The filling will thicken as it cools.
Share this Recipe