- 2 lbs grean beans cut in half, trimmed & washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onions finely diced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs seasoned
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried (or 1 tsp fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup onions minced
- 16 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
For the topping
For the green beans
- Boil a large pot of water, when boiling add green beans and blanch for 2 minutes (or 6-8 minutes if you like them softer). Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Meanwhile make the topping, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add breadcrumbs, grated cheese and thyme; saute until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, careful not to burn.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and saute 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushroom, stir constantly for about a minute, then slowly add chicken stock, then milk.
- Bring to a low boil, and cook stirring occasionally until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Add blanched green beans and mix well, season with salt and pepper as needed; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with toasted bread crumbs and bake about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Servings: 14, Serv. size: 1 serving (157g), Amount per serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 3.5g (4% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 105g (5% DV), Total Carb. 13g (5% DV), Fiber 3g (11% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 5g, Vit. D 0mcg(0% DV), Calcium 73mg (6% DV), Iron 1mg (6% DV), Potas. 300mg (6% DV)