- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lb lean ground beaf
- 15 ounces canned low-sodium tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Saute until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in skillet and cook ovver medium-high heat. Using a spoon, break up the ground beef into equally-sized pieces as it cooks. This ensures that all the meat cooks evenly.
- Drain the browned beef. Add in the sauteed onion and garlic to the skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes
- Serve over cooked spaghetti pasta.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 6, Serv. size: 1 serving (206g), Amount per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 4.5g (6% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 40g (2% DV), Total Carb. 9g (3% DV), Fiber 1g (4% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 10g, Vit. D 0mcg(0% DV), Calcium 32mg (2% DV), Iron 2mg (10% DV), Potas. 183mg (4% DV)
Share this Recipe