One EFNEP Assistant collected the following information from 250 graduates:
- They learned to thaw meats correctly (One client said, "No wonder we often got stomach problems-I would leave chicken on the sink all day").
- They learned about eating correct portion sizes (to their surprise, they have enough to eat).
- 50% of them had problems with constipation but when they learned about fiber and started including high fiber foods in their meals and drinking plenty of water, the problem went away.
- At the start of the classes, 50% of these clients were not drinking milk. During the milk lesson, osteoporosis was discussed, and the clients became concerned. They started drinking 1% milk and eating milk products.
- 55% lost at least 4 pounds just by eating well and watching what they ate.